Important Updates Wrapping Up This Map...

Discussion in 'Server News' started by PerfectFlaw, Oct 18, 2018.

By PerfectFlaw on Oct 18, 2018 at 10:46 PM
  1. PerfectFlaw

PerfectFlaw Ferocious Cinnamon Roll Head Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

Hey all! We finally have some dates and deadlines for you. Here's what you need to know to get prepared for the end of this map, and the start of the new one, as well as some prep for creative closing. Please read below for all the details.
    1. THE SERVER WILL BE CLOSING ON OCTOBER 28TH. The snapshot for download will happen on that day. All items you wish to keep/have in the download map should be stored in a dispenser or hopper. Those you don't care about can be left in chests.
    2. THE DEADLINE FOR CREATIVE PLOT REQUESTS IS NOVEMBER 15TH. You can find the form for that here. If you do not submit before October 28th and are unable to tell us the coords, just let us know that in your form response. We will take care of it and contact you with any issues.
    3. THE NEW MAP WILL OPEN ON OCTOBER 29TH. Get excited!!
    Thanks everyone for your patience, as always let us know if you have any questions!

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Server News' started by PerfectFlaw, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Tzaphqiel
      Tzaphqiel
      I wasn't entirely clear on what people were talking about towards the end of the Town Hall. Regarding item frames, would items in them still display properly in the final map download or would they also disappear? I remember hearing something about an update bug or the like, but I have some displays/exhibits that kind of rely on item frames, and I'll have to adjust for that if they suddenly won't work.
    2. flash_fire13
      flash_fire13
      Will there be sentimental items? Or just a full hard reset?
    3. Ripplez13
      Ripplez13
      I'm pretty certain it's a hard reset.
    4. PerfectFlaw
      PerfectFlaw
      Items in item frames should be saved in the map download, but NOT in the creative schems. :)
    5. PerfectFlaw
      PerfectFlaw

Unfortunately, the 1.13 reset/upgrade borks a whole bunch of items (colored wool becomes just white, they lose all names/lore, etc.). We really don't want people to lose items in the crossover and be majorly bummed out, so given the small percentage of items that would be able to transfer we have decided not to do sentimental chests.
      Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    6. M. Peach
      M. Peach
      So... everything goes? No compensation.... Just start over from scratch... This s main map and everything right? Or am missing something...
    7. palinalif
      palinalif
      To quote the FAQ:
      And to make it clear: Yes, this is the main map. If you'd like to save your creative plot, there's a form here: https://nerdcrafteria.com/forms/creative-plot-download-request.75/respond that you can fill out, since we're resetting every server including that one. I hope that answers your questions! <3
    8. M. Peach
      M. Peach
      Nothing special in creative, just some contest builds...
      I guess I'm out this time. Starting from scratch, with nothing I value left... and still terrified of monsters but now having a heart condition... I won't be able to make enough for even a miserly start up. I guess it's time to call it quits. I always have single player. I don't think I'll get the current map either. I had better stuff on the last one. It's been fun though, working on Emerald Falls, trying (and failing) to create my own town, my zoo, and the Secret Llama stuff. I might drop by sometime to see what's going on, but I don't think I'll be doing any building or other participating.
    9. PerfectFlaw
      PerfectFlaw
      Keep in mind we are a community server and we like seeing each other succeed, so you could always work with other players for help on the items you don't find yourself wanting to seek out. In addition the guild system allows you to make money from things like fishing or farming that don't require mob hunting. :) We'll be sorry to see you go!
    10. M. Peach
      M. Peach
      Getting the initial plot to store my things in (and even do minimal farming) was really hard for me this time around. The thing that kept me going was that I needed a place to store my sentimental items, then once I was established in my own place I could continue on and found new things to do. With the armour I got (from a secret Llama) I was even trying out mine world again and considering mining like I used to (but now I have heart problems too). I don't think I even have sufficient motivation to overcome even that first huge hurdle of getting a plot this time around, let alone tools and such. And with my heart problems I can forget about even setting foot in mine world. I don't know. I might look around, like I said, and think about it.
      I'm going in for heart surgery on the 29th.
    11. MaFer
      MaFer
      Oh, wow, I just came back to see a lot of things changing :O
      Well, I suppose I will wait until the big reset.
    12. Grooving_Pict
      Grooving_Pict
      So you changed to 1.13.2 and this server is the only one that gives me this error "Minidumps are not enabled". I don't have a crash with any other MC server. I have scoured forums and tried various solutions, but to no avail. Apparently everything I've built and acquired is also now lost and un-retrievable. This is the 3rd time in the past few years that I have lost everything. My son and I always enjoyed playing on this server, but completely wiping everything out is very uncool.
    13. Stormy
      Stormy
      Hi Grooving_Pict, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Regarding your crash, I suggest posting a bug report (located here) so our admin team can take a look into your situation and try to help. please include any information you believe they may find useful.

With the change to 1.13.x, many things became incompatible due to the way the items are handled in the game. This has nothing to do with Nerdcrafteria itself. Any server that changes from 1.12.x or older to 1.13.x will experience the same issue.

Every few years, we need to reset the maps. This has many reasons behind it, including map corruption, game versions, and player interest. This one just happened to coincide with a major update to the game itself, so we were not able to save chests of meaningful items like the last time we changed maps.

Another change we experienced was changing hosts, which means we are starting nearly from scratch. Other worlds, such as skyblock, creative, and ftb may make an appearance down the road, but we as a staff need to concentrate on not doing too much at a time, for our own sake, and so we don't give players a half-baked server instead of the best one we can provide.

I'm sorry you have found our actions to be "uncool", but we were faced with a choice, and we made the best choice we could. It's been a roller coaster, to say the least.

If you would like to save your creative plot, and that of your child, please fill out this form. It will be open until November 15, after which we will no longer be taking submissions.

Thank you for your patience as we navigate to this new world, and I hope you join us for the ride.

LordStormy
      Senior Administrator of Staff and Player Affairs
    14. Banesidhe
      Banesidhe
      Id like to thank the staff for all the hard work they've done with very little notice, and extremely limited choices. You guys stepped up to the plate like champs, and while I know there's a whole lot of ups and downs, and as Stormy says, it was quite a roller coaster, you all have done spectacularly.

For those who maybe aren't aware, most Minecraft servers regularly restart their maps, including economy servers, and it's very rare that sentimental items are allowed to be moved over like we did last time. I was staff during that time and while I know it was a popular move, from a staffing side of things, it was VERY time consuming, VERY terrifying, and VERY frustrating to implement. As unhappy as starting from scratch can feel, it really is overall better for the health of the server.

And honestly, you should at least give it a try. Flaw and other staff have created something fun and unique and have more in store. Besides. Nerdcrafteria has never been about the THINGS you collect, it's ALWAYS been about the COMMUNITY you create.
    15. MaFer
      MaFer
      Well, I'm having so much fun since the reset I want to thank and hug and protect from the daleks all the staff and everyone else who are working hard to bring us this new adventure <3