Important Updates Server Upgrade Poll

Discussion in 'Server News' started by Oranges13, Mar 6, 2020.

By Oranges13 on Mar 6, 2020 at 8:46 AM
  1. Oranges13

Oranges13 Potato Taster Staff Member Administrator

Hello players! We are excited for the changes in the new versions of Minecraft, and we thank you for your understanding while we work through the process of figuring out how best to upgrade our server over time.

We understand that you want these new features ASAP, but we have to balance this with the stability of the plugins we use to keep things running smoothly.

The Admins have worked hard on this issue and believe that we can move to a newer version "soon" and keep most of the functionality that you've come to enjoy!

We're considering an upgrade to 1.14 to incorporate some new biomes if we're able to ensure a stable server build.

But we need your input!
    We know you've worked hard on your creations, and we want to protect them if they're important to you. But if you're feeling kind of meh on everything at the moment, we can fly off to a new planet and start fresh!

PLEASE NOTE:
    While we will do everything in our power to maintain everything if you choose to transfer the map(s), chest content may not transfer. Please keep that in mind for all the options listed in the poll.

If you have questions, please leave them in the comments below so we can answer them to the best of our ability!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020

If we are able to upgrade to 1.14, what would you prefer we do with the map?

1. Upgrade and keep asteroids AND the main map. CHEST CONTENT MAY NOT TRANSFER

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Upgrade and keep asteroids, but RESET the main map. CHEST CONTENT MAY NOT TRANSFER

18 vote(s)
    52.9%
  3. Upgrade and start new worlds.

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. I don't want to upgrade at all.

4 vote(s)
    11.8%

Comments

Discussion in 'Server News' started by Oranges13, Mar 6, 2020.

• Tags:
    1. 9ED6F5E1
      9ED6F5E1
      Will there be any way to definitely transfer some items? I don't really mind if I loose my stashes of farm goods but I'd like to be able to take special items like SL gifts and enchanted gear with me.
    2. M. Peach
      M. Peach
      I definitely want to keep my asteroid! (Bugger the non-transferring chest stuff. Could you give us a heads up on that so I can at least temporarily place all those stored blocks?) I would like to keep the planetary map, since I've never seen anything but the settlement yet, but I understand why others would like something new. (Maybe if there were a new world, or even in the old one, we could get a running train system to each biome? Waiting for new towns before doing that will take forever! Which actually means it's never going to happen.)
    3. PerfectFlaw
      PerfectFlaw
      Not sure yet. This is something we plan on testing. I think our sort of “back up plan” is something akin to the sentimental chests of old, but we want to make sure those would work as well given the potential plugin changes. We definitely hope so though!
    4. Xander_Fury
      Xander_Fury
      Chest contents getting wipe would be sad, but still a price I'd happily pay to move up a version! Campfires and bells and sandstone walls and grindstones and lanterns and foxes and bamboo and freaking PANDAS!!! And about a million other cool things. Can't wait.
    5. Seth25R
      Seth25R
      As long as the asteroids are preserved I’m ok with dealing with the potential losses of chest items... but give me enough of a warning to go document/screenshot the sentimental stuff.
    6. BigBen
      BigBen
      I'd honestly happily lose everything if it means updating the server, but at the same time, we've put a lot of work into edgevile this month and I'd hate to see that all go so soon.

Also I know we are talking about 1.14 and all, and I'm greatful for that, but I'm truly excited to play with bees, so if we upgraded to 1.14, how long would it take to get to 1.15 and could we just go all the way?
    7. shezzaholmes
      shezzaholmes
      If I'm being honest, I'd rather not upgrade if it means I'm going to lose my stuff. I've poured so much time and effort into collecting and building that I would be pretty heartbroken to see it go.
    8. shezzaholmes
      shezzaholmes
      If it's going to make us lose chest contents, I'd much rather wait until we can upgrade to 1.15 or 1.16 to make it more worthwhile
    9. gracefulasheck
      gracefulasheck
      I vote for upgrading and resetting the main map. But, as I never really got around to building up my asteroid anyway, I'm less worried about losing chests.
      Would player inventories be safe or would we reset ourselves? Which version would be updating to, 1.14 or 1.15 when it comes out (or if it's already out?)? I may not have built a lot, but others have a lot in chest inventories that they can't really transfer, like Shezza and it would suck for them to lose so much. Would the plugins stay or are they not compatible with newer versions of Minecraft?
      I definitely want an upgrade, but I'm also content with playing on 1.13, so I don't feel like there has to be a rush to reset haha.
    10. cowskii
      cowskii
      I think it would be a big bummer to lose chest items, but I understand that there are things that can't be helped. Would our money balances remain, so that we can at least start with some carry-over from the previous map? If folks could sell their excess items, that could be some way to make up for those items being lost. Just a thought :)
    11. FIREALLCAPS
      FIREALLCAPS
      I agree with shezza. I'd rather not upgrade if it means we lose all of our items.
    12. PerfectFlaw
      PerfectFlaw
      There may be a "conversion" of current money balances, but part of resetting the map is also giving the economy a refresh as well. We are looking into economy plugins to see how feasible any of our options beyond a full wipe would be.
    13. BigBen
      BigBen
      I had a question, Since 1.14 heavily features Villager interaction, will villager trades be reopened after the update or will the school village be updated? I only ask because the Globe Banner charge is only available via purchase via Master level Cartographer and I know I really want to get one of those after we update.