Redstone Guild

Discussion in 'Worlds Chat' started by Skyward_Deviant, Jan 13, 2019.

Should we consider the creation of other Guilds yet, specifically a Redstone themed one?

1. I want there to be other guilds, especially a Redstone themed one!

15.4%
  2. Having more guilds sounds nice!

53.8%
  3. I'm indifferent about this...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's too soon to think about creating other guilds, but I'm not opposed to this later.

15.4%
  5. No, five guilds are plenty and the ones we have (near) perfectly fit our needs.

15.4%
  1. Skyward_Deviant

Skyward_Deviant Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Let's discuss here.

2. Skyward_Deviant

Skyward_Deviant Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

3. Stormy

Stormy Yarn Hoarder Staff Member Senior Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

Just a staff note, Staff Guilds (our 5 guilds with tags and ashops) are the only guilds that will be staff run. Any other organizations will be player run, so please keep that in mind. We already have a couple of player organizations that you can check out as well :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. M. Peach

M. Peach Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

As long as your new guilds consider selling what you gather in a market, maybe a jointly owned market perhaps in your "guild hall" I think that could be a good thing. The reason why I say that is because some of the things that the staff guilds buy I can't buy anywhere (unless they're sold in mine world where I can't go due to heart issues). These things include string, bone meal, saplings of various sorts, and even eggs. (Not that I really need eggs right now, but when I was looking for them they weren't there. I had to wait for several game days around a stray chicken until I got two.) I'm sure there are other things that people can't buy but have to get for themselves.

5. Banesidhe

Banesidhe Floofy Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

Id say organize whatever you want to, but try to avoid using the word guilds, as it's only going to create confusion for new players between the Staff / in game guilds and player run organizations.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Oranges13

Oranges13 Potato Taster Staff Member Moderator

To avoid confusion for new players, I would suggest not calling this a "guild" -- similar to how the ILM is a "league"

7. BigBen

BigBen Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

I think there should be a magic guild of some kind that would be fun

8. OrtyBortorty

OrtyBortorty Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

There is already something similar to this, but as opposed to a staff-run "guild," it is a player-run "league." The Interplanetary League of Mages is a player organization that has a mage tower with a public enchantment table just up the steps from /warp market (the one with the conical wood roof). We also organize ender dragon fights each month. Anyone is welcome to join the league, just ask needle44 (or ask me, and I'll pass the message along to him).