Player Suggestions 3.0

Discussion in 'Player Advice & Discussions' started by Stormy, Nov 4, 2018.

1. PerfectFlaw

PerfectFlaw Space Llama Head Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

I believe that was a player organized event, and they polled to see when people would best be available for a respawn of the dragon. I would love to see the playerbase continue to organize events like this. :) Staff can't/won't prevent players from immediately going to the end, but I do think it would be awesome if folks collaborated more on it.

2. OrtyBortorty

OrtyBortorty Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

The first month of the third map, ILM organized an ender dragon fight. The second month, we tried to organize one, but a single player had already killed the ender dragon by the time we got to the end. It would be very simple for staff to make an announcement saying something like "please delete all homes you have in the end before explore resets each month." That way, if it becomes a race to kill the ender dragon each month (the first time someone kills the ender dragon is the only time it drops a lot of xp), at least the people with homes in the end from last month wouldn't have a head start. I understand this solution relies on somewhat of an honor system, but I think the players on this server are awesome enough to follow an honor system, especially if asked to by staff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. PerfectFlaw

The first month I believe the scheduled fight was for a dragon respawn, unless I'm mistaken. For sure, and we're happy to make that announcement about deleting homes. :) My "we can't prevent it" was primarily directed at those who immediately use ender pearls and head there. We aren't going to delay entry to the end (i.e. "the first Saturday after reset" per the suggestion) to a set time that folks have chosen.

4. FIREALLCAPS

FIREALLCAPS Potato Taster Lifetime V.I.P.

I
    I agree with the idea for an announcement for deleting all homes before explore resets each month (but that leaves a problem of how to get to the end if no stronghold is within the world border). I think initially (a few years ago), a staff member said that that is what should be done, and I have always tried to find the strongholds rather than using a home set in the end.
    Just for clarification, I was the one who made it to the end first at the beginning of the month, and I used an end portal rather than a home set in the end (as after the first reset, the strongholds were within the border). However, after the second reset, after verifying that all strongholds were outside of the border, I did /home into the end.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. CaptScribble

CaptScribble The Dwarven Pirate Lifetime V.I.P.

idk if its just me that thinks so, but some of the [info]s are getting obnoxiously long. This one for example:
    [​IMG]
    that's a *lot* to come in all at once

I appreciate you're trying to consolidate different ones, but it's just. A lot of words to be repeatedly bombarded with. "Rather than a plot, you can have your very own /asteroid! Visit for details" (or 'click here for details' w it warping you there) would suffice? The other info is right there when you do /asteroid.

(sorry i know this isn't worded in a Suggestiony way, pali directed me here and I've spent 15 minutes trying to reword this but it's not working. i hope this doesnt read as hostile at all. its just..overwhelming to have a huge block of multicoloured text pop up every <10 minutes)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. bfq_8

bfq_8 Cave Explorer Nerdfighter

Agreeing with Scrib on this one, though I had a separate (additional?) suggestion; could we not have &e (when without bold applied) used in the info messages? It tends to meld in with the "[player joined the game]" and "[player] left the game" messages, making it hard to differ the two at a glance. It also seems a few messages are losing their colour codes after the first line (doesn't seem to be highlighting anything on purpose?).

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. JentheGeek

JentheGeek Spider Matador Senior Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

These suggestions are helpful! With so few colors to work with it's been a bit of a juggling act, so its easy to overlook certain things since I spend most of my time in code land rather than actually getting to see the chat XD

And for some reason the color code doesn't stay when the line word wraps so if you notice it let me know which one it was that would be super helpful.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  8. OrtyBortorty

It would be nice if everyone (or just VIPs / people who donated for a specific buycraft package / people who voted a certain number of times, when you all set that up) got an additional home(s). VIPs had an additional home in the past, but I understand if you all are waiting for the vote shop to be a thing again to avoid giving VIPs too much of a gameplay advantage.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  9. dasqu314

dasqu314 Tree Puncher Lifetime V.I.P. Nerdfighter

I’m not sure I want it to be a paying perk, but I do think that one movable home is too few. We don’t need 3, but maybe one more. I know a lot of people who like to have a home for their mine and something they’re building, etc.

• List
  10. PerfectFlaw

We cannot give a perk like that to VIPs/someone who donated for it, even if it is available through "soft-currency" means as well. It represents a gameplay advantage and is expressly disallowed by MC. However, we will look into allowing an additional home to everyone.

11. Kh530

Kh530 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

So I get where you're coming from, but I'm 98% sure you're misunderstanding the EULA rules. ./home is a command given by a plugin and *not* a feature of vanilla minecraft. The EULA rules (to my interpretation and how I have seen them applied to other servers) does not apply to commands given by plugins because they are not a feature of vanilla minecraft.

12. PerfectFlaw

It’s a bit confusing, but unfortunately the EULA “commercial” restrictions apply to those gameplay advantages created by plugins as well. For example, MC’s clarifications state you cannot have players receive in-game money for donating but, seeing as vanilla Minecraft has absolutely no currency and that has to be created by a plugin, therefore applies to certain plugin advantages as well.

Per a helpful Mojang Q&A (mentions mods, but plugins are essentially mods for servers, so their point stands):
    Does the EULA still apply for access to user-created mods?
    Yes. It doesn’t make a difference who made the mods, or how they were implemented onto your server. All mods require Minecraft to run. You are not allowed to charge for Minecraft features which affect gameplay.”

Here’s a link to that article:
    https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

Hope that helps! :)

13. Rykin_Generation

Rykin_Generation Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Hey awesome staff!

A few of us noticed early this morning that the mob grinding plug in has been re-enabled. While it is much appreciated to mitigate the mob spawner issue and potential of mob farming in /explore, the detection and restrictions of the plugin it seems a bit too tight at the moment:
    1. A few miners and overworld explorers were noticing that they were getting "grinding detected" warnings when killed normal night time mobs and benign creatures like squids.
    2. I, as a part of the Hunter's Guild, am also receiving warnings in high combat areas such as the nether and ocean monument area. Even though, I'm running around, using player speed to kite these mobs, and not using CoC violating tactics, it also detected grinding after 4-5 mobs and starts burning the loot drops promptly.
    I understand that the plugin needs some fine tuning, but I just wanted to put my input out there as a person who regularly hunts mobs on a daily basis (that's why I'm in the Hunter's Guild.)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. MaFer

MaFer Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

I was going to make a post about that, but Rykin said everything I wanted.
    In addition, as someone who put a lot of effort (and ench. levels) to make a strong sword (with smite V, fire aspect III, loot III and knockback II) and spend money buying strenght potions to be able to kill mobs faster, I felt bad, like I was being unfairly punished by doing something that was not against any code.
    As was explained to me yesterday, staff are still adjusting the plugin, so I thought it could be good to explain the way I felt, receiving the mob grinding message.

• List
  15. PerfectFlaw

We're working on it! :) We started tweaking it yesterday to see if we could address the spawner issues some peeps brought up, but it sounds like we still have some tuning to do. Your patience is appreciated! <3

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  16. dasqu314

dasqu314 Tree Puncher Lifetime V.I.P. Nerdfighter

Currently the mining boon potion has night vision for 20 minutes and haste for 30. It's a little weird using it because on effect is 10 minutes longer than the other. It would be nice for both effects to have an equal amount of time so that you can just keep using potions without wasting 10 minutes of haste or having to buy an 8 minute night vision potion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Rykin_Generation

Rykin_Generation Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

But my night vision potions sales would go down! (I’m just kidding lol )

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. OrtyBortorty

Mending should be allowed on tridents, for the same reasons it is allowed on elytras. I enjoy having expensive things in the economy, but I think allowing mending on tridents would not decrease their value. There are even less tridents on the server than elytras.

There should be an [Info] message saying frost walker boots are not allowed in /spawn or /explore, because the ice generated from them never melts.

The two minute and one minute warnings for the ending of the fly boon should be shrunk / reduced in length / split up into multiple lines so that they fit on peoples’ screens.

Clicking info messages should make them not show again. I think [Info] is great, and very helpful, but after I learn the information a specific message says, I don’t like it cluttering up my chat. I often have to look at discord to see what someone said a few minutes ago, because the chat had already filled up with info messages for things that I already knew.

Currently the plant farming boon gives one Haste III (30min) / Slow Falling (20min) potion every 30min. Not sure if it's as big of an issue to have two different times on the effects as it is with the mining boon, but I think it would be better if the effects lasted the same amount of time. If a plant farmer is jumping / falling around their pumpkin farm and taking advantage of both potion effects, they wouldn't want one effect to run out sooner than the other.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. palinalif

palinalif Pig Jockey Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

It shouldn't act that way, we're working on fixing that! Do you know how old the potions were?
    EDIT: Also, does the mining boon behave this way as well?
    EDIT 2: We fixed the plant farming boon potion, but let us know if any others behave this way and we'll smack 'em!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  20. FIREALLCAPS

FIREALLCAPS Potato Taster Lifetime V.I.P.

I bought the mining boon to check, and it still gives 30 minutes haste 3 and 20 minutes night vision.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List