Player Suggestions 3.0

Discussion in 'Player Advice & Discussions' started by Stormy, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Stormy

Stormy Yarn Hoarder Staff Member Senior Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

Do you have a a plugin you'd like to see us use on the server?
    A mini game (non-PVP) you'd like to see us add?
    A Xenforo forums add-in you want us to look at?
    A past event you'd wish we'd bring back from the good ol' days?
    A bot in Discord that would be cool?
    A new Buycraft package you'd like to see for sale?

Let us know down below with any links or screenshots you have!

2. CaptScribble

CaptScribble The Dwarven Pirate Lifetime V.I.P.

(copied from discord)
    • when someone warps to your island it tells you "WARNING: __ has warped.." in big red letters and it seems a bit agressive for us?
    • maybe could we pick up items on others asteroids, bc its a pain for us both to have to warp away and its not like we have mob farms anymore

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Nodred

Nodred Potato Taster Nerdfighter

Really enjoying the new map so far. It's beautiful to see New Horizons take shape and I can't wait for the next new thing.

I've two requests for alterations to the spawn area that might help us develop the town further, as atm we're trying to setup roads (and even railways). Right now there is one road leading from spawn into town, it'd be nice to have a second one that runs north, so that we can expand there. https://imgur.com/a/WJS846o

A second request I'd like to place is about a large area around the lander is currently uneditable despite not being under or close to the lander itself. Could this part be made editable?
    https://imgur.com/MZ57h7Z

As for the why, me and a handful of players want to build the New Horizons Railway Terminal in a place that's close to spawn, which will go a long way in a warpless world, but there's no space for it on Rustic Way, and it'll likely need lines going west and north in the future. It'd be really nice if we could build it around this area, somewhere. I'm open to other suggestions though.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. ThatRedhead

ThatRedhead Tree Puncher Lifetime V.I.P.

Would it be possible to get an item form of currency?

In the last map, we used emeralds: they were bought and sold in ashop at a constant 14ll price, always available. Right now we have no standard item to put money into a block form.

Emeralds are always a good choice for this because 1) they’re rare 2) they’re pretty much useless (at least, without villagers, which the server does not have) outside of looks and 3) they can be made into blocks and stack to 64, making it a very compact money-storage item (15,552 emeralds in a single chest!)

The only immediate use case I can think of is for sharing funds- there’s no way right now to ‘share’ a /money account, and I don’t know if that’s even possible with the plugin we use, whereas physical currency items can be shared in a chest and sold as needed to generate stars for a purchase or whatever.

Thoughts welcome :)

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. flash_fire13

flash_fire13 Collector of Stuff Nerdfighter

• Separate discord channels for guilds to coordinate ideas (like a public mine and smelting/anvil place from the Miners)
    • Using villagers. I know we've stayed away because of economy and what not and maybe there are more reasons. With the change to the guild based economies and no ashop, implementing villagers to make emeralds useful might be a fun experiment.
    • Use of other signshop signs - Dispose, Donate, Share.

6. dasqu314

dasqu314 Tree Puncher Lifetime V.I.P. Nerdfighter

The current tag for miners is rather grey, and a more colorful tag would be nice.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  7. Miki

Miki Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Like a blue for lapis or gold for well gold. Miners mine a lot of things, and a gray tag doesn't really represent it all that well. Not hating on it or anything, just critique. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Banesidhe

Banesidhe Floofy Lifetime V.I.P.

Petition to change animal Farmer tag to Rancher :)

• Like Like x 7
    • List
  9. OrtyBortorty

OrtyBortorty Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

I really liked all the information the tab menu had on the second map, especially how it told us our ping. Also, I think it would be nice if the tab menu showed us which members of each guild were online.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Patrick

Patrick Potato Taster Nerdfighter

I always really loved the Secret Llama event and the themed chest auctions. I would love it if these traditions were carried on. I would also love to see some sort of lifetime VIP package come back again in buycraft. It would also be fun to have some kind of events to coincide with the broader nerdfighter community, for example server activities to coincide with pizzamas, esther day, and the project for awesome.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Xander_Fury

Xander_Fury Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

Elytra are quite difficult to acquire, can't be crafted and consequently very expensive to purchase. What about an exception to the mending rule for Elytra only? It would help the supply come closer to meeting the demand if this one end game piece of gear didn't have to wastefully break or become unrepairable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. MaFer

MaFer Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

I was going to make that suggestion. So I second that :)

13. CaptScribble

CaptScribble The Dwarven Pirate Lifetime V.I.P.

The filter currently changes "wanna" and "gonna" to "want to" and "going to", and it's a bit weird, it changes the tone of things and is just a bit..needlessly formal. Could they be removed? (and any similar things if there are any, those 2 are just the ones we've noticed)

• Like Like x 4
    • List
  14. OrtyBortorty

OrtyBortorty Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

I think it would be cool if some of the features of the CraftBook plugin (which is already on the server) were available as Buycraft or Voteshop perks.

It would be nice if in the resource pack, the music discs were named after their corresponding songs. Right now they just have the vanilla names, so we have to put them in a jukebox to see what song they are. Here is a handy list if anyone is curious:

11: Hank Green - Accio Deathly Hallows
    13: Madisyn (Sky Pirate Girl) Bowen - Nerdcrafteria Island
    blocks: Hank Green - A Song About an Anglerfish
    cat: John Williams: Hedwig's Theme
    chirp: Hank Green: DFTBA
    far: Dasqu - Nerdcrafteria Island 6th BDay Edition
    mall: John Williams: Cantina Band
    mellohi: Ed Sheeran - All Of The Stars
    stal: Hank Green & the Perfect Strangers - I Love Science (Clean Version)
    strad: The Piano Guys - Let It Go (Disney's "Frozen") Vivaldi's Winter
    wait: Murray Gold - I Am The Doctor
    ward: Cara Mia Addio - Aperture Science Psychoacoustics Laboratory

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Ne-Nea

Ne-Nea Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Wow! Thanks, Orty! This is really fantastic! I can't believe you put in the time to figure this all out for us! You didn't FTBA.

16. 9ED6F5E1

9ED6F5E1 Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

I would like to suggest adding a layer of barriers at y = 1 so that it is harder for player to accidentally lose items.

17. PerfectFlaw

PerfectFlaw Ferocious Cinnamon Roll Head Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

Still working on the first, the plugin is being a pain about it. You should be able to do the second now!

18. PerfectFlaw

There are still secrets in the works. All I will say is that interplanetary travel often causes explorers to stumble across new species, some of whom are intelligent, or even sentient... o_O:squid:

19. PerfectFlaw

Holiday events and auctions will both (eventually) come back, although format and frequency might shift slightly. :) VIP and other Buycraft perks will hopefully roll out this week!

20. PerfectFlaw

Done :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List