Important Updates News & Updates - Oops, I was late.

Discussion in 'Server News' started by Islid, Oct 9, 2012.

By Islid on Oct 9, 2012 at 3:16 AM
  1. Islid

Islid Slime Trampolinist Nerdfighter

My bad... I promise I won't make it a habit. Anyways, here's a few updates about what's going on in the server's life:

1. You might have noticed on the forums that we have ourselves a new logo at the right of the screen on the main page of the forums - because we're being sponsored by MPServ, we've decided to give them a little press in return! Check them out if you're ever interested in hosting your own server, they've done a great deal for us. :) There are also some minor cosmetic changes.

Note: If you've not received your activation email yet and have been trying to register your account, send a ticket to us in-game and we can activate your account for you without an email. I'd hate for people to miss out on the forums because the emailer is being stupid! We're so sorry about that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. The spleef arena competition should be concluded on October 20th, 2012, so make sure you have your entry done by then! Only one entry is allowed per person (hasn't been a problem so far, but I just want to clarify) and you'll need to post on the official Spleef Arena Competition thread (linked right here) with pictures of your construction, the coordinates of your plot, and a short explanation about how your arena works (whether it's with signs, a particular plugin, or just redstone). Got some great entries so far... should be a good one! :D

3. Anticheat is... mostly... properly configured, so if you're getting bumped for it, it's likely recognizing something you're doing as troublesome. I don't see many notices, so I assume that at least a portion of them have to be true, lol. Our general policy on hacks is that you shouldn't be using them, so you're gonna get kicked if you're caught doing it, but we're not going to hound every single player that trips the sensor. We're able to distinguish between actual threats and when it's just a lag spike - it's why there's not really been that many bans as a result of the plugin. But, you should still be cautious... we'll getcha if you're doing bad stuff! :p

4. As I've mentioned around chat, I'm going to be holding a lottery-type drawing for when I hit $10,000,000 llamas (as a result of you guys buying plots), for several prizes! I'll be announcing those actual prizes as I get closer to the 10m mark, so keep an eye on the forums for more information! I won't be posting info anywhere in-game, so you'll be FORCED to at least check on the forums daily - you'll also have to register on the forums to enter into the actual lottery when we hold it. :) SO REGISTER IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!

5. Along those same lines, you might have noticed the brand new llama packages in-game from /buycraft... I'm offering a deal to a set of people, which will delay the lottery a bit, but I think it is way worth it. The deal is this:

- The first 10 people to buy a $100,000 llama package (a $100 value) will receive DOUBLE their money, courtesy of me! (This applies retroactively as well, if you've already bought one, send in a ticket.)

- The first 5 people to buy a $50,000 llama package (A $50 value) will receive DOUBLE their money, courtesy of me! (This applies retroactively as well, if you've already bought one, send in a ticket.)

- The first 3 people to buy a $10,000 llama package (A $10 value) will receive TRIPLE their money, courtesy of me! (This one applies from the moment of this posting onwards.)

I have the ability to check all of these things through Dom, so you can't cheat about it. ;) If you've already donated for these packages in-game and would like to receive your doubled money, make a ticket in-game and I will answer it - just say "I've purchased the $50/$100 package and would like to receive my doubled money, Islid." and they'll know that I'm supposed to answer it. Make sure to only include the actual package and the appropriate reward in your ticket, lol, or else I don't know how much to give you!

6. Since it was requested by a LOT of people in-game, I've been asked to tell you guys all about the new warps in-game, that are available. Aside from the normal city warps, there is a whole host of new warps, which can be found right here at this link. There's all kinds of warps, like the one to the new city (which I'll talk about more below), the warps to various points of interest, and all sorts of other things. Feel free to add any warps to the list that you'd like!

7. PandaHP has an interesting "sheep farm" that he'll be unveiling pretty soon... keep an eye out. ;)

8. In case you haven't heard already, we'll be starting a new town south of Green Hills and west of Old Nerdfighteria - Currently, it's called Lake Town, since there's a giant lake in it's boundaries and I couldn't think of a more inventive name. You're welcome to submit names below on this news post, or start your own threads in Nerdcrafteria chat to talk about it. You can visit the soon-to-be-city area by doing /warp laketown or /warp lt in order to see it!

9. Some more clues on the All Hallow's Eve events... we'll be having a grand old time in Nerdville while we trick or treat... hopefully the treats will be there when we arrive! I'd hate to see them destroyed...

10. As you might have seen us talking in chat through, we've opened up the PVP world for testing (by the staff, of course) - that means pretty soon we'll be doing build competitions for various kinds of PVP arenas! They'll be much quicker than the spleef arena (just because we want to hurry and get the world open already) but you should have enough time to handle it. I suggest to some of you that you modify your spleef arenas to become PVP or PVM arenas, just in case you still want to enter that cool design you have. Panda will post more details within the coming week or two.

That concludes this news post - I'll be posting again (hopefully) on Thursday, to keep everyone up-to-date on server events.

• Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Server News' started by Islid, Oct 9, 2012.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. ericaleigh
      ericaleigh
      Love the warps list. :) thanks Islid! (now I can retire the warps joke till next post)
    2. Banesidhe
      Banesidhe
      Just to clarify, the offer for doubling our llama purchases applies to purchases made prior to this announcement, or only after? :)
    3. Islid
      Islid
      I'm gonna say that it applies retroactively to the $100 and $50 purchases, and from now onwards to the $10 purchases. Thanks for asking, I'll clarify that in the post. :)
    4. Plaaank
      Plaaank
      post ALL of the updates \o/
      warp list is super helpful :)
    5. iBC
      iBC
      I'm excited for the new town! I want a nice lot overlooking the ocean that can fit a 21x21 house please. ;) Save a spot for me.
    6. majambaman
      majambaman
      The warp list is a win :D
    7. cullmeister
      cullmeister
      I found that my activation email was going into my spam box might be worth mentioning
    8. jdavid20
      jdavid20
      Instead of laketown, what if it was called, Lakeville? Lago?
    9. Phil
      Phil
      Very happy to hear about the new town. Hopefully with larger plots than the others? hint hint :)
    10. BooleanEarth
      BooleanEarth
      I nominate that we name it Lakeside, because it's a perfectly logical name even if you don't get the reference, but it also doubles as a reference to the town from American Gods by Neil Gaiman.
    11. jdavid20
      jdavid20
      I am guessing the plots will be bigger, and much more expensive, but that is just a guess.
    12. willderphil
      willderphil
      the anti-cheat isn't working completely right yet because I got kicked while hopping around the jungle next to green hills and I don't hack. I don't know really how the anti-cheat works but maybe it had something with falling and being slowed by vines in the jungle?
    13. blomb
      blomb
      Does the new town have a Mayor yet?
    14. Islid
      Islid
      Not yet, we haven't really decided on it because it's still being developed. We'll see how it turns out.
    15. Erdumas
      Erdumas
      Lago makes me think of Lake Laogai. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.
      (It also makes me think of LIGO, which has nothing to do with lakes)
    16. CLyane
      CLyane
      Lake Laogai makes me have feels
      [​IMG]
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.