Somewhere Over the Rainbow This season we have a theme!
Show us your true colours by building an island as vivid as your imagination. This season will run from now until the end of December. At the end of the season, three vibrant islands will be chosen to win a special main world prize.
Stay tuned for last season's island round-up!
Updates and Important Info:
- We think we have increased mob spawning rates but it's a work in progress and we need your feedback. We want to balance mob spawning with the fact that some players have older computers with more lag. Please let staff know if you suddenly have issues playing.
- One. Hank-o-Lantern. If you don't understand, you will, and if you do, rejoice!!!
- We have a challenge currency! Every time you complete or repeat a challenge, you will be given a red sand block. The final challenge is to collect and submit all 1800 red-sand blocks..... (you have a little wiggle room, that isn't quite all the repeats). If you complete that final challenge, modreq for a special skyblock mainworld prize and 5000 llamas! If you don't care about the final challenge - use the red sand however you like.
- The bug where the torches don't light on arrival on the island is not fixable. To fix the torch issue, replace a torch or add a torch nearby and all the nearby torches should light. To solve the issue of villagers dying, your initial companion will not be a villager, but no fear! People who enjoy mining cobble will soon be reunited with their villager companion.
- You now have 25 island resets and only a 30 second wait between them - so if you want to take the time to explore the new islands before deciding, you have that space.
DFTBATo build a greenhouse:
- Make glass blocks and build a rectangular set of glass walls with a flat roof.
- Put a hopper in the wall or roof.
- Put a door in the wall so you can get in and out.
- Type /greenhouses and get the recipe of your desired biome
- Put the required blocks in place (e.g. for a taiga biome, you would need at least 10% of the floor to be ice, plus grass and 3 log blocks and 3 leaf blocks [e.g. grow a tree inside]
- Type /greenhouses and choose your recipe
- Use bonemeal to grow small plants on grass immediately in the greenhouse.
- Or place bonemeal in the hopper to have the greenhouse sprinkle bonemeal automatically. Come back later to see what grows!
- Place a bucket of water (or more) in the hopper to cause snow to fall in cold biomes. Snow will fall when it rains in the world. Each snowfall empties one bucket of water.
- Friendly biome-specific mobs may spawn in your greenhouse - the usual rules apply (be more than 24 blocks away).
- /greenhouse for the main gui
- /greenhouse help - lists these commands
- /greenhouse make: Tries to make a greenhouse by finding the first valid recipe
- /greenhouse remove: Removes a greenhouse that you are standing in if you are the owner
- /greenhouse list: Lists all the recipes available
- /greenhouse recipe: Displays the recipe GUI - clicking on a recipe will try to make a greenhouse
- Can I use stained glass? Yes, you can. It's pretty.
- Can I fill my greenhouse full of water? Yes. That's an ocean.
- Will a squid spawn there? Maybe... okay, yes it will, if it's a big enough ocean.
- How do I place a door high up in the wall if the wall is all glass? Place it on a hopper.
- How do I place a door on a hopper? Crouch and then place it.
- Can I use metal doors? Yes.
- Can I use a trap door? Yes.
- Can I grow swamp flowers with this? Yes. Make a swamp biome and use bonemeal.
- Can I make slimes? Yes, the swamp biome will spawn slimes using the same method as normal swamps
- How much bonemeal is used to grow plants? One per successful plant.
- How much water do I need to put into the hopper to make it snow? One bucket of water (just the water) is used up every time it rains. This only happens in cold biomes.
- Can I build a Nether greenhouse? Try it and see...
- Can I build greenhouses in the Nether? Yes. You can colonize the nether with them.
- What kind of mobs spawn in the biomes? It's what you would expect, wolves in Cold Taiga, horses on plains, etc.
...and we can't wait to see what you create!