Money Making?

Discussion in 'Player Advice & Discussions' started by Leonerdo, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Leonerdo

Leonerdo Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Hia! I've relatively new to the Nerdcrafteria and I absolutely love the strong community you have! This is my new favorite server!

I'll cut straight to the chase though: Being quite new to the server, I would love to know what peoples favorite / recommended methods are for raking in the Llamas! Do people like mining? farming? Mob Slaying? what do people find works best?

:D:D:D DFTBA

2. Star.5

Star.5 Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

Hiya :D Glad you're enjoying the server so far!

My favorite way of making money is mining. But that's because I have lots of time so I can mine for 1 hour to up to 4 hours. That can bring up to 2000 - 6000 depending how much I find and how long I mine.
    I also usually keep small farms on the side, which doesn't bring a lot of money for me, but it makes a few hundred.

3. Tzaphqiel

Tzaphqiel Potato Taster Lifetime V.I.P.

Like Star suggested, mining is a good way to quickly earn money. I particularly focus more on surface mining (especially coal), which can get as much as 4000 llamas in one hour (though I am using a fortune pick). I also occasionally hunt monsters (mainly with a bow while a fly boon is on) and grow a few small crops, but those don't necessarily yield a lot of money.

4. tomsk31

tomsk31 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

When starting out, a lot of people use mining as their main income. However, once they get the infrastructure for it, many people turn to melon farming as that can earn quite a lot of money. Every 16 slices are worth $8 at /warp ashop. But as a new player, I would definitely recommend that you go mining, and try to get a fortune pickaxe as quickly as possible.

5. Liezebiezze

Liezebiezze Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Mining, coal en redstone is where I get most money, but I tend to hoard other ores so who knows what that would give. Mining away from spawn is the best, if you find a cave system you're golden. Fortune is a must have but having pickaxes with speed enchantments is really handy too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  6. Elenna84

Elenna84 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

I personally love buying and selling stuff. I run warp ocean where I try to keep ocean temple loot for sale. I know that enchanted books and items always sell at a premium.

Otherwise, when I first joined the server - a few people were kind enough to get all the boons - including the warrier's boon, the ancients boon and the avarice's boon - which means you get twice as much money per mob kill. That was enough for me to save up for my first plot.
    http://donate.nerdcrafteria.com/category/590782
    It was also cool watching the whole server go AHHH ALL THE BOONS! and suddenly run to mineworld to start making money :)

Or mining. Melon farming is too boring for me though ;)

7. Nodred

Nodred Potato Taster Nerdfighter

I'm stuck to my elbows in the Melonconomy, as we call it: the fine art of harvesting melons all day and selling them at the Ashop. I believe this to be the best way to get llamas quick, though someone else did the math for me once...

On top of that, Melon farming has the following advantages:
    -It's safe!
    -Requires minimal materials
    -Tools can be relatively inexpensive
    -You can automate the process, which I've done on my own plot

Downsides:
    -It's boring-ish
    -Selling takes time where you cant be distracted by chat, I always watch Youtube videos whilst selling my melons
    -Setting up a good, large melon farm takes time and it's not free

Sugarcane farming is very much alike melon farming. The math shows that it earns slightly less, but I consider it to be slightly better still because you don't need tools at all and can build the farm more easily. If you don't even want to dig irrigation canals you can just line up a bunch of reeds next to the coast.

8. Stormy

Stormy Yarn Hoarder Staff Member Senior Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

I primarily earn money from mining. It's fun, you get to see all sorts of neat things underground, and most of what you dig up can be sold at /warp ashop, and what can't be sold at ashop can be sold elsewhere!

9. Theo da Kaffei

Theo da Kaffei Sign Stacker Lifetime V.I.P.

If you use automation just be sure to adhere to our Redstone Guidlines - no continuously running clocks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. BatFeats

BatFeats Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Hi Leonerdo, I'm relatively new too. My favorite method at the moment is to mine coal and gavel (I think gravel is underrated). I walk or boat around looking for ore on the surface.

I also do farming on the side, mostly sugar cane.

Oh, and I found somewhere I can sell blaze rods for $50 each. It's difficult work, but it's definitely worth it.

11. Damagineer.314

Damagineer.314 Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

I find mining netherrack to be a good source of income.

12. FermiumFox

FermiumFox Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

I find that farming endermen in the end is fairly effective.
    + good money
    + better with that boon that doubles money from mobs
    + lots of ender pearls
    - too many enderpearls
    - occasionally get smacked

13. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Melons. Lots of melons.

When i get bored of that, sometimes sand if i can find a good deep beach and break them with a torch. Mobs can be good with boons but otherwise I don't find them worth the risk. When fly is on however I will spend the full 3 hours in the nether with an infinity bow and rack up 20k+ easily