Ender Dragon Respawn Festival #1 (Polling for Day)

Discussion in 'Worlds Chat' started by Rykin_Generation, Dec 2, 2018.

Which day(s) would you be available to participate in the ender dragon respawn event?

This poll will close on Dec 11, 2018 at 10:38 AM.
  1. December 15th, 2018 (Saturday)

2. December 16th, 2018 (Sunday)

3. December 22nd, 2018 (Saturday)

4. December 23rd, 2018 (Saturday)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rykin_Generation

Rykin_Generation Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Hello Fellow Nerds! I apologize in advance for the long post! I promise that this will be worth of read!

We are polling for the days that most people will be available for the next ender dragon respawn event this month.

Ender dragon spawn event will be limited to Saturdays and Sundays to increase the availability of the event for everyone. This community event will be done once or twice a month depending on the month.
    For this month, the possible the weekends to host the event will be limited to the weekends of 15th-16th and 22nd-23rd of this month.

1. The weekend of the 8th-9th of this month is too soon to properly vote for and organize the event
    2. The weekend of 28th-29th has a high probability that most people will be busy due to the closing of the year and other holiday/celebratory occasions.
    3. Please keep in mind that when you are voting for a day, the times you will need to consider the the event will be hosted between 5PM GMT (12PM Noon EST) & 3AM GMT (10PM EST). Exact time block will be determined by voting in the next poll.
    After taking some notes from the last ender dragon respawn event, I have made some notes and "improvements" to the event planning and organizing of the event. As always, this is an Interplanetary League of Mages sponsored event! (PM needle44 if you want more info about the organization.) Tl;dr is bolded and underlined below.
    1. During the next polling for time block availability once a day is chosen, slightly more preference will be given to UK friendlier times. (This is being stated publicly for completely transparency of the event planning on my end.)
    2. The impromptu trivia from the test run is now a feature for duration that we are grouping together and prepping for the ender dragon event.
      • There will be 5 Minecraft trivia questions for the entire server to answer while we all gather in the stronghold/End safehouse for the event.
      • Each question will be worth 500 stars!
      • The questions will only be about the base Minecraft game, BUT they will be pretty hard to answer.
    3. All registered participants will be given a small set of gifts for participating in the respawn ender dragon event for holiday season jovially reasons (from me personally XD)
      • More on this special thing once a day for the respawn event is chosen!
    4. Ender dragon ritual "viability" will be checked the day before instead of the hour before the event!
      • Hopefully, there will be less exploding Rykins via correct end crystal placements.
    5. Reply to this thread, PM me on Discord, or online on Minecraft if you have any more questions about the event! (IGN:Rykin_Generation) (Discord:Rykin#3904) If you want to donate anything (like ender pearls, eyes, glass, ghast tears, etc) for the event, all donations are welcomed and will directly benefit the ILM and future sponsored events.
    DFTBA! Sincerely, Rykin (AKA Rykin_Generation)

2. Oranges13

Oranges13 Potato Taster Staff Member Moderator

I would love to help and participate, but I'm unsure what exactly is required for a "well equipped" run against an ender dragon. Thanks!

3. Rykin_Generation

Rykin_Generation Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Hi Orange! I guess you were referring to the post from the test run of the ender dragon event when I mentioned "well-equipped"? When we killed the first ever ender dragon since the hard reset of the server, most of the people that participated in that first kill were wearing unenchanted iron armor (maybe one person had like an unenchanted diamond chest plate). We had like no combat potions or regen potions to increase our survivability AND the worst part was we had very, very few arrows to use against the dragon during his flying phases (this was before the first infinity bow enchantment was in the game). I remember people offered to use glowstone to double the amount of arrows people had (I myself only had 10 arrows available.) But then again, the first ender dragon kill ever was like a week into the game, so not a lot of people had various combat equipment en-masse to give/sell/dole out.

To answer your question- by "well equipped," I guess that would mean at a minimum- enchanted iron armor, an enchanted diamond sword, good food, and a bunch of projectiles to launch at the dragon (that can include infinity bow, or as I was recently told, snowballs and fireworks work against the ender dragon as well XD!) One of the main differences that made killing the ender dragon much easier and less chaotic with the test run group was that people had strength potions to hit the dragon harder and regen potions to help survive against the dragon's breath attack (which is like a lingering harm II potion basically.)

4. Oranges13

Oranges13 Potato Taster Staff Member Moderator

Nice! Thank you for the details, I hope I can participate in the next run :) Happy Hunting and thanks for arranging this fun event!