Ender Dragon Respawn Festival #1 [12/22/2018] (Polling for Time Block)

Discussion in 'Worlds Chat' started by Rykin_Generation, Dec 13, 2018.

Please select all time(s) you'd be available to kill the ender dragon on December 22nd:

Poll closed Dec 20, 2018.
  1. 5PM-6PM GMT (12PM-1PM EST)

53.3%
  2. 6PM-7PM GMT (1PM-2PM EST)

53.3%
  3. 7PM-8PM GMT (2PM-3PM EST)

60.0%
  4. 8PM-9PM GMT (3PM-4PM EST)

46.7%
  5. 9PM-10PM GMT (4PM-5PM EST)

46.7%
  6. 10PM-11PM GMT (5PM-6PM EST)

46.7%
  7. 11PM-12AM GMT (6PM-7PM EST)

46.7%
  8. 12AM-1AM GMT (7PM-8PM EST)

60.0%
  9. 1AM-2AM GMT (8PM-9PM EST)

66.7%
  10. 2AM-3AM GMT (9PM-10PM EST)

53.3%
  11. I'm not able to participate.

6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rykin_Generation

Rykin_Generation Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Hello Fellow Nerds!

Thank you for all the people who voted in the poll for choosing the Ender Dragon Respawn Festival event!

The official day (according to the last poll, at 72% of the total votes casted) is Saturday, December 22nd, 2018!

Times listed in the polls will be GMT/UTC which I believe is in the UK with conversion to EST times. Even if you don't live in the UK, please vote! Your vote counts! The times listed in the polls will span 1 hour blocks from 5PM GMT (Noon EST) to 3AM GMT (10 PM EST). Results will be posted a week from the time this poll is posted.

Also, quoting from my last forum post:
    "During the next polling for time block availability once a day is chosen, slightly more preference will be given to UK friendlier times. (This is being stated publicly for completely transparency of the event planning on my end.)"​

Here's how the event will be broken down (don't forget, this event is as always, sponsored by the ILM):
    • Registered Participant Goodie Bag Distribution!
      • How do you register for the goodie bags? VOTE! Voting in the polls will unfortunately not be anonymous for this event because I need to see who is voting in the polls! As long as you vote in the polls, you will be getting a holiday greetings goodie bag from me personally! (In the event that the votes are not publicly displayed as planned, please use a reaction to this post to register your participation in the event.)
    • XX:00-XX:10
      • Gathering at the hand-built starting area of The End!
      • Here you can purchase basic potions, weapons, ammos, and as always the ever so important pumpkin helm to protect yourself from the endermen! All stars from this market will be donated directly to ILM for funding future events!
      • Why not the stronghold? As most of you guys know, the stronghold is not normally accessible from the explore map due to boundary restrictions (at the time of this writing). A few of us were able to either start in/set a home in The End after the server issues with memory and chunks and etc. Also, the stronghold portal (if it ever becomes accessible) will throw you under the main End island where you will eventually be killed by the Void
    • XX:05-XX:15
      • Minecraft Trivia!
      • There will be 5 Minecraft trivia questions for the entire server to answer while we all gather in the stronghold/End safehouse for the event.
      • Each question will be worth 500-1000 stars!
      • The questions will only be about the base Minecraft game, BUT they will be pretty hard to answer.
    • XX:15-Whenever the dragon is killed
      • We summon The Ender Dragon and we kill it! Simple as that (hopefully no more exploding Rykin's in the process)
    Reply to this thread, PM me on Discord, or online on Minecraft if you have any more questions about the event! (IGN:Rykin_Generation) (Discord:Rykin#3904) If you want to donate anything (like ender pearls, eyes, glass, ghast tears, etc) for the event, all donations are welcomed and will directly benefit the ILM and future sponsored events.

DFTBA! Sincerely, Rykin (AKA Rykin_Generation)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  2. Oranges13

Oranges13 Potato Taster Staff Member Moderator

I'm exited and hope I can make this one :)

3. Rykin_Generation

Announcement! I have created a bitly link that will always point toward the most recent ender dragon respawn event poll. Any time there is a new ender dragon post, the bitly link will be updated to forward you to it!
    http://bit.ly/NCDragonRespawn

4. Rykin_Generation

The ILM is hosting the first ever Ender Dragon Respawn Festival on
    Saturday, December 22nd, 2018 at 7PM GMT (2PM EST.)
    Please join the ILM for trivia questions (and rewards) and the ever spectacular ender dragon respawn ritual and fight! Thank you to everyone who voted in the polls.
    (Clarification: You don't need to be a member of the ILM to join the festivities!)

5. Rykin_Generation

For all that voted in this poll, please read the message below (and you should have received a similar message in-game via /mail):

Thank you for voting for Ender Dragon Respawn Event (sponsored by ILM.)
    You will be receiving a "key" in your mailbox that you can trade at Rykin's Shop in /warp market for you Voter's Gift Kit.
    [Key expires on 12/31/2018. Please redeem ASAP.]
    *Please note that the "key" does not have any function except for redeeming at my shop*

6. Rykin_Generation

The first official Ender Dragon Respawn Festival was a great success!

Thank you for all who voted and the participants of the event! This is a group photo over the replica stronghold portal to celebrate the event!
    From left to right: OrtyBortorty, Dasqu, Kh530 (Heart), Julizm, bfq_8, Tzaphqiel, & Horsefun! 2018-12-22_14.24.16.png

7. Rykin_Generation

Sorry, this was posted twice for some reason