Can't get on to the server

Discussion in 'Player Advice & Discussions' started by Auroura_Wolf, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Auroura_Wolf

Auroura_Wolf Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Hi! This is my first time posting here so I apologize if I've messed this up in some way. I wasn't sure where to put this so I just went with here. I recently had an urge to begin playing on the server again in the Creative server. Slightly unrelated, but is Creative still going to be on Nerdcrafteria? I saw a post seeming to say they won't work outside of 12.1? Anyway, back on topic - I tried to log on to the server in 1.13.1 as I assume that's the current version. I opened up Minecraft and tried to join only to get an error message. I tried many other versions of Minecraft but to no avail. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance,
    Auroura_Wolf

2. MaFer

MaFer Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

The server is in 1.13.2
    Have you tried to open with this version?

3. dasqu314

dasqu314 Tree Puncher Lifetime V.I.P. Nerdfighter

Also, to answer the second question, the server hasn't reopened creative yet, but I think they're at least considering bringing it back at some point. It depends on how much demand there is and if it justifies the cost.

4. Auroura_Wolf

Possibly, I'll try again and see what happens.
    Okay, thanks. Good to know.

5. Auroura_Wolf

Update: I've tried logging in on 1.13.2 and still get the same error message. I'll try and post an image of it. The reason it says 'Entering the Theatre fail'd' at the top is that my language is currently set to Shakespearean English. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Attached Files:

6. dasqu314

By the title for the window it appears that you're stil in 1.13.1. Check again to make sure that you really are using 1.13.2. Otherwise it might just be a weird glitch that will go away with a restart of MC or your computer... Hopefully this helps :)

PS I love that you're using Shakesperean English for your language :p

7. Auroura_Wolf

Another update: I think I managed to solve the problem and have finally gotten on to the server. It turns out that since I was last on the IP has been changed from minecraft.nerdfighteria.com to mc.nerdcrafteria.com. Thanks again for all the help, now how do I close this topic?

8. dasqu314

looks like you solved it anyway :) Welcome back!
    DFTBA

9. Auroura_Wolf

So it turns out that even though the IP is right, I still can't seem to get on. Attempting to do so will just put me on the server loading screen for ages, eventually freezing Minecraft so I have to close it. I'm not sure what to do now, anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

10. Oranges13

Oranges13 Potato Taster Staff Member Moderator

If you had the server information saved from a while ago it's possible that your profile is messed up, or something didn't transer fully from an older version. I would suggest setting up a new server profile if you can.

Make sure you're on 1.13.2 -- if you have any addons enabled like Optifine or anything like that, disable them for now.
    Let's also temporarily disable your texture packs.
    1. Open Minecraft
    2. Click "Options"
    3. Click "Resource Packs"
    4. Disable everything
    5. Click Done twice to return to the main screen
    6. Click "Multiplayer"
    7. Click "Add Server"
    8. Enter mc.nerdcrafteria.com in "Server Address"
    9. Click "Server Resource Packs" button until it says Disabled
    10. Click "Done"
    11. Click on the newly created entry (should be lowest on the list) and try to connect again.

11. Auroura_Wolf

Okay, I'll try this next but since I last posted I have managed to actually get in to the server but lagged out before anything actually happened. I turned on server texture packs by default before doing this so that might affect things. Thanks for the advice, I'll update again if this still doesn't work

12. palinalif

palinalif Pig Jockey Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

Oh my gosh you're alive! I hope I catch you online at some point ❤

13. Auroura_Wolf

I know it's been months since I last posted but I still can't get on, the freeze happens just like before and then I have to open task manager to close it. Any more ideas?