The Nerdcrafteria Discord server allows you to talk and/or text chat with people from the Nerdcrafteria server! It is available on a variety of platforms and devices: Mac, PC, Android, and Apple Devices, as well as browser clients compatible with many common browsers such as IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
How to Connect
You can download Discord for your Computer or Apple/Android device here. Alternatively you can access Discord via your browser by going here and clicking “Open Discord”, no download necessary!
Upon accessing Discord you will be prompted to enter a name. From there you can create an account by clicking “claim account” at the top of the page.
Once you’re set up, follow this link to gain access to our public server. Happy chatting!
Some rules to keep in mind while using Discord:
- DFTBA in what you say – Swearing, flaming, threats, or spamming will not be allowed. Please keep things PG-13 outside of our NC-17 channel.
- No Soundboards – They interrupt the conversation and can become spammy.
- Listen to the staff – If staff ask you to stop doing something, then please pay attention. If you are asked to drop a subject or move the topic to another channel, please do so immediately. You can discuss the issue with staff in PM if you like, but please remember staff are there to keep things civil and organized as best as possible.
- Be mindful of what you link – Links to community sites are permitted, provided all content linked on that page is PG-13 in nature (no nudity, pornographic material, religiously offensive pictures, etc.) and you may link to the common media sites such as Youtube, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, etc.
- Other Servers – Do not link to other Minecraft Servers! The same rules regarding advertising other servers in game apply on Discord, do not link to or mention other servers by name.
- Uploading Files – Players who are not VIP cannot upload files to Discord. If you wish to share an image of yours, upload it to an image site such as Imgur or Photobucket and share the created link.
- Go to the appropriate channel for your discussion – If you are asked to move to the proper channel, regardless of who asks, you need to do so! You are expected to adhere to this rule out of politeness, so don’t make it difficult please.
- Do not use Discord to contact staff for server-related issues – If you’re having an issue in-game, please make a /modreq in-game. If you come across a bug, please fill out a bug report on our site. Staff aren’t monitoring Discord for these issues, and if you message a staff member on Discord about them, you’ll be asked to report the issue using the proper method so staff who have immediate access to the tools needed to resolve your issue can do so.
The Nerdcrafteria Discord server, like in-game, should be kept PG-13. An exception to this is our NC-17 channel. If you are over 17 years of age you may contact a member of staff to be added to this private channel where you may discuss more mature subject matter.
Access to the NC-17 channel requires verification. You will be asked your birthday verify that you are old enough to access this channel.
Do you have a D&D group that meets every week for campaigns? Do you want a side channel to host a League of Legends tournament amongst some Nerdfighters from the server? Feel like having a slam poetry or music night? Feel free to reserve a private room on the Nerdcrafteria Discord server for all your Nerdfightery needs!
Players can contact Stormy to reserve a private room with a text channel and a voice channel. Stormy may be contacted on either Discord or using the staff contact form to reserve a room, the following information must be provided:
- Why you need the Channel – Most things are fine, but we reserve the right to turn down individuals whom we feel lack proper reasons for wanting to reserve a room, such as “I just want a cool hangout spot for my friends”.
- Who will be in the channel – Please provide Discord names as well as Minecraft usernames (if different from Discord names)
- How long will you need the channel – If you wish to obtain a room for longer periods of time (for weekly meetings, for example) you can reserve rooms for up to 3 months at a time, and you can consecutively reserve the same room for 3 month chunks. We will rename the room as long as a group has it reserved, so feel free to provide a room name as well for extra fun!